Wednesday, May 27, 2009

i can feel you from afar


a single lightray filters through the drawn curtains
and touches your sleeping cheek
like a silent kiss from God
such serenity in your deep slumber repose
and in the rhythm of your breathing.

a single lightray filters through the drawn curtains
allowing me to watch your ease...
allowing me to breathe with you
sleep is my gift to you
tied up with ribbons of our interlocking passion
played out like two ravenous orphans in need of
finding lost love

as i feel my tears fall
I settle in close to keep watch all night long.
i just wish you'd let me back into your life.
why do you keep me from easing your loneliness?

3 comments:

BlazngScarlet said...

Ahhh ..... to be so close and yet .....

Achingly sad.

Anonymous said...

Poignant and filled with such aching longing. It made my heart hurt just reading it.

ginger said...

there is nothing more hurtful than knowing you have much love to share but it is rejected outrightly. its difficult to understand why someone would turn away from love. i can only think that it would be because of fear.