Friday, July 17, 2009

twilight


twilight
trembles in the ancient echos of misplaced souls
and turns inwardly
absorbing the fading colour of others
leaving only murmurs of unfulfilled desires
to fill the emptiness of my heart.

inside an ancestral din
i hear your voice
pulling me back from the lonely edge of darkness
onto a pinebow creche
layered in the down of soft comfort

cradled in your arms,
i feel your lips softly brush against the nape of my neck,
your warm breath reminding me of my existence,
reassuring me.......

i'm not one of the lost souls.


it is only then that i settle inside our shared sigh,
relaxed
safe
sound
protected
knowing deep in my bones there is no other place i want to be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

~~it is only then that i settle inside our shared sigh~~

Perfection.

ginger said...

thank you romany. it is a good place to find oneself. its been a while since i cozied up there. will have to rectify it soon.

BlazngScarlet said...

Ahhh .... soon I will back in the crook of my beloved, and we will share in that collective sigh.

ginger said...

blazing scarlet: may your sighs send you into eternal shivers.